Its year end time and some are planning for a new job if so here are some Tips for a Successful Interview just have a look.
- Be on time or up to 10 minutes early.
- If you must be late, call the interviewer as soon as possible.
- Make sure you know the exact location of the interview, the time, and the name of the person or persons with whom you are to interview.
- Set aside plenty of time for the interview, especially if you have more than one in a day.
- Don’t overdress or underdress. Wear what you would for the job. And be neat and clean. Don’t wear a lot of makeup or jewelry.
- Greet the interviewers with a warm, confident “hello”, and a firm handshake. Be sure you now the interviewer’s name, and by what you should address her/him by.
- Look alert and interested. Don’t chew gum, smoke or play with your jewelry. Keep eye contact.
- Know as much about the job and the employer as possible beforehand. Understand the job description.
- Think before answering questions; if you don’t understand a question, ask to have it explained.
If you don’t know the answer, be honest, but let the interviewer know you will be sure to find out.
- Be honest about your background and experience, sell yourself with enthusiasm, confidence and interest.
- Don’t make excuses or blame schools, employers or fellow workers, if a past weakness or failure comes up.
- Explain the situation and what you’ve learned from it.
- Don’t worry about wage , salary and benefits at the interview.
- This information can be gotten before or after the interview.You can always turn down an offer. The important thing is being offered the job!
- At the end of the interview, ask any questions you have that have not been answered.
- Ask about when the final decision will be made and how you will be contacted.
- Thank the interviewer(s) for her/his time.
- A follow-up call on or after the day when the final decision was to be made is often a good idea.
- Send a thank you note for the time the employer spent in the interview.
Raymond Cardoza is a Web Master by Profession, Blogger by Passion, his passion of INTEREST is on TECH Related like INTERNET, NETWORKING, GRAPHICS, MULTIMEDIA etc.
Latest posts by raymondcardoza (see all)
- 3 Tips That Can Save You Serious Cash on Your Fashion - October 27, 2017
- 5 Mobile Apps for Shopping Discounts and Deals - November 19, 2016
- Importance of Website in Corporate World - January 17, 2011