SEO Methods still working after release of Google Panda
The field of search engine optimization is ever evolving and dynamic in nature with new additions quite often. The sole driving force of SEO is the way search engine algorithms index web pages. Search engines have grown much more intelligent than ever with a number of added complications for generating search engine page results. Consequently, SEO methods have changed from time to time owing to modifications and experimentation’s in searching algorithms.
Release of Google Panda
Google has announced that it is looking forward to eliminate low quality stuff present on the internet making it necessary for the webmasters to generate quality content in accordance with the needs of visitors. In this context, the “Farmer update” was unveiled by Google in February this year which is a major change in the search engine indexing algorithms. Also, the “Farmer update”, “Panda Update” being its other name, belongs to the series of such algorithmic changes which Google has planned to implement shortly in order to motivate original content and optimize search results by degrading irrelevance. Google Panda targets a number of attributes of a website before placing in search results some of which are listed here and a complete list can be viewed at Google Webmasters Guidelines.
- Absence of external and internal links on the page.
- Content shortage on the page.
- Duplicate content.
SEO Methods Still Functioning After Release of Google Panda
As Google uncovered the Panda update, the entire SEO community has been trying to understand the aftereffects of this release as there has been a significant change in the popularity level of a number of websites. Websites which depict originality have undergone a huge boost in search results while some of the sites have got severe setbacks in terms of search ranking particularly due to reuse of content from other pages. In this scenario, those SEO techniques which stood at their place and can still be implemented for website optimization are outlined here:
- Bounce Rate: In Post- Panda scenario, bounce rate has become one of the most important SEO techniques in website optimization. Google defined the bounce rate as the percentage of visits in which visitors left the website from the landing page i.e. single-page visits. It seems pretty logical that on clicking a web link if users find it useless they leave the page without further exploring it. Therefore, Panda Update motives webmasters to optimized landing pages so that users explore the site resulting in reduced bounce rate and improved ranking.
- Article Length: Quality content still does a lot for website ranking. Instead of writing pretty common articles for ezine sites, write unique, informative and rich quality content for your own site so that visitors stay for a longer period of time.
- Analyze Web Statistics: The analysis of Pre and Post-Panda statistics is very important. Try to figure out which website got hit by Panda update and why. Panda update hits only when there is something wrong and needs to be corrected.
- On-Page Off-Page Optimization: These techniques still work well but care must be taken that anything making Panda update feel unnatural will be dropped from its current ranking.
Latest posts by raymondcardoza (see all)
- Game Play Experience Of The All Encompassing GTA 5 - May 26, 2015
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2014 - June 12, 2014
- Lok Sabha 2014 Live Updates - May 16, 2014